So what did I accomplished yesterday?
- cover the tulips with birds net so they don't become breakfast for bunnies as in other years
- cut down the old foliage of epimedium so that the new foliage doesn't get tanggled with the old and makes for a bigger chore
- raked and picked-up a large bag of dead leaves off the lawn by the veggie garden..barely put a dent into this kind of task.
Today the temperatures will be a similar with yesterday and something will need to be accomplished. I can't be intimidated by wind, rain or cloudy anymore! I am going all out pretending it is a lovely spring out there! There is too much to do!
We even have some snow piles left to melt! Ugh!
The list for TO DO is long:
- spray the apple trees with dormant oil
- pick-up old leaves off the lawn and veggie garden beds
- cut down all heuchera and lamiastrum leaves to make room for new growth
- cut down dead grasses and the rest of the perennials left from fall
- cover with soil or compost the exposed roots of heaving plants i.e. foxgloves, coral bells etc
- spray for deer
- take cutting of forsythia to forcer indoor for Easter
|Witch Hazel blooming right now|